Thread: I'm a sucker :(
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Katchie

Bless your heart. I remember when my XAH would have a few months sober. Claim to be working a program, sincerely start one anyway, only to decide he doesn't really need it, not everyone needs AA to be successful he would say out of frustration. Well, he kept proving over and over again that he didn't fit his favorite statistic of not needing AA. Relapse was always a given.
Hon, 2 months is nothing. If he could stay sober a year, well, maybe. But 2 months..nope. Not nearly enough time under his belt. And even after a year of sobriety there is no guarantee, but then there never is. However, you can, for the most part, guarantee that if he isn't working his program he will fall.
I know its hard not to be anxious, this is why it is so important for YOU to be working your program. If you do it will help give you the tools needed to sustain yourself whether he slips, doesn't slip, or whatever is thrown your way.
Just take some time to focus on and work on you.
You say he now knows exactly where you stand and what's at stake. Well, so did mine and alcohol still won. Please work you yourself...2 months is nothing.