Old 03-14-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

I had to think this one through before I posted. I'll hear friends talking about going to have a few drinks and am realistic. That's not me, I can't do that. No such thing as a few drinks. I go right to the last disaster in my head and remind myself there are people out there who can drink normally. That's good for them, again, not me. I respect their right to be able to do that.

Then, I see something like this and I have to be honest, it irritates me. My cousin's son is in a theater group in Atlanta. Check out their latest venture:

Sh&% Faced Shakespeare

A full-fledged production of an abridged comedy, complete with dance, swordplay, period attire and classically trained actors. The only off thing about it is that one of them is ACTUALLY drunk as foo at the time curtain opens. We're talking, like, 6-12 drinks, and continued drinking throughout the show as per audience and Compere order. It's fantastic.
I actually had to read the above twice because I wasn't believing my eyes the first time through.

There were questions about someone drinking that much and then handling a sword to which the reply was:

Well, they take the sword away from the drunk and replace it with a different object. And the drunk is chosen BEFORE the show, and not at random. But each member of the cast does it one night or the other.
My skin is crawling. I even tried to think "Ok, you might have found this funny back when you were drinking". My head is having a hard time comprehending someone drinking enough to make themselves sloshed for the entertainment of a paying audience.

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this or is it just me due to my issues with alcohol?