Thread: Brand New to SR
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 04:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Calicofish
Catch and Release

Hi J9 - welcome to SR and congratulations on your 50 days. you asked if using SR as soul support is enough. Well, it is enough for me. I am two years sober and used only this forum. Like you, I did a lot of reading on addiction and also watched hours of video on youtube.

My epiphany came about 3-4 months into sobriety when I realized that I would never have to suffer another Day 1, or any of the problems associated with drinking if I never drank again. I follow the premise behind Rational Recovery and made my big plan (you can read all about this method in the Secular part of this online forum). The big plan is simply - "I do not drink, ever, and I will never change my mind - NO MATTER WHAT" . With that declaration you are free, you never have to think about whether going anywhere will be a problem, or an event - because you don't drink - no matter what. No making that daily decision - you only make that decision once. No meetings. No sponsors. No steps.

It's a method that many people use with success. Go read about it and see if fits for you.

Calicofish