View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

What would you do if you knew a total stranger was driving drunk and endangering people?

What would you do if a total stranger was endangering people at work by being drunk?

Me - these days - I'd call the police or notify the employer. In fact right around Christmas I called 911 on a suspected drink driver as I saw him crossing the center lane into oncoming traffic multiple times.

Me - these days - even if it had been my friend in that car crossing the center lane into oncoming traffic, I'd call the police.

Because it is not ever going to be m appeals that get a person to seek help or sobriety.... it is going to be THEIR OWN CONSEQUENCES brought on by their own choices. My presence as an example can be powerful. My suggestions and advice when asked for can be powerful....

But the only thing that gets a person to the place they're willing to get help is getting beat up enough by their own consequences. Sometimes, the most caring and supportive 'help' you can give a person is precisely those consequences.