Old 03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

I gotta get out of this job. I'm an adult babysitter.
My client is expecting expecting company at 2. Might have been a good idea to start getting ready at 11.
Asked at 11, she said no, wait til 12.
Asked again at 12, she said no, wait. Coworker went to the store and is still not back and it's about 1:30.
I can't do anything til he gets back because it takes two people to operate the Hoyer lift. I have to give her (the client, not my coworker) a shower. We are going to be in the middle of it when her company arrives. Just like the last time she invited people over. And I will have to ask them to wait outside.
And then instead of doing something easy for dinner, like a tray of fried chicken from the deli? She wants the other aide to cook something that is going to take two hours and he agreed.
Her family, and her partner's family, just wants to stop by, give birthday presents, eat some food, sing happy birthday, have a slice of cake, and go. They don't want to hang out for hours.
Last time they came over, for her partner's birthday a few weeks ago, she decided to put on a movie that over half of the people in the room had just recently seen within the last few days.