Old 03-09-2017, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ScaredWife29

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
In your other post you mentioned that he was diagnosed with Asperger’s as a child but that you think it may have been a mis-diagnoses because he doesn’t seem to fit all of the criteria. I would not rule that out and it would certainly fit with a dual diagnoses not just the alcohol.

I think the part of your situation where his parents coming in and taking charge, asking you to leave your own home and not be involved with their plan, is bothersome to me on many levels. Because now here you are his legal wife, the one who witnessed his behavior on a daily basis and the one person who knows the most of his current history is being asked to step aside and not be involved.

I do however understand your concern for your safely and that is justified.

As mentioned no one can predict how it will go so plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I was one who made the mistake of believing “words and tears” and rushed back, sadly, more than once. If given that opportunity please stick to a very strong boundary of him being sober for a long period of time and be active in a recovery program before even considering it.
I think he definitely has some sort of underlying mental issue, whether that is depression or being deeply, unusually sensitive to things. I hope he can sort that out with the psychiatrist. The drinking definitely exacerbates his underlying condition.

I definitely do feel left out of the process, but I just can't do it alone anymore. I think this is my last ditch effort