Old 03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MicroMacro
Now what?

Originally Posted by ScaredWife29 View Post
He started getting verbally abusive and acting psychotic 2 months before the wedding

He has been so verbally abusive, irritable, out of control, makes vague suicidal threats, threatens to divorce me daily,

The intervention is tomorrow.

I plan to stay at my aunt's tomorrow night. I took some of my valuables to her home yesterday and I am also moving some things into a storage unit today, in anticipation

I have already been told to divorce him, and I plan to, if

I need some advice on how I should expect the intervention to go.

Will he accept it and get help? Will he get mad and hate me and turn his parents against me? Where will I be living next week? Will I still be able to go on the trip we planned to see my family (who live across the country) next week?,
How will this go? Can anyone predict? And how long should I stay at my aunt's for?

I'll address each line. First, you had an opportunity to address this two months before the wedding and didn't - that's all the first line means. What if ... ? You'll never know.

His previous behavior is a good indication of how he might act toward you after the intervention if you two are alone together. So - it's a good idea to prevent that from happening.

Good - the sooner the better. It's best to get these things over with. The anticipation is awful!

I think it's wise to stay with your aunt, but I also wonder what his behavior would look like in front of other people if you were there. (That's me being curious). And this speaks volumes "I took some of my valuables to her home yesterday and I am also moving some things into a storage unit today, in anticipation ... "

Wow. If that's not a sign of feeling threatened I don't know what is. Good for you for taking care of you (your things)!

No one has the right to tell you to do anything save someone in law enforcement. Divorce doesn't need to be addressed while all this is going on. Your husband's health, the intervention, and his behavior after are the things that matter today. One monumental event at a time ...

I encourage you to abandon the words should and shouldn't. They serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

And finally, in answer to all the questions , I offer - don't know, he could try, that depends - right?, no one here can answer that, no idea, no, and as long as you feel you need to.

Best.