View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MrMcTell

It really beggars belief if you can even begin to look at it with an objective eye.

There is a massive industry (it calls itself a "science") in the retail sector of studying consumer behaviors. It only takes a few moments walking around a store thinking about how things are very deliberately laid out to realize how manipulative and pernicious everything is.

Basically, every store is awash with things that will kill you if given free reign. It plainly obvious that stores want you to "treat yourself" to these "goodies" all day every day.

When I was a kid (now I sound old) I'm sure the booze aisle was a separate area? My parents never went down there, had no reason to, It was like the pet food aisle. We didn't have pets, so I never went down there either. Today you literally can't move your cart about because of pallets of cheap beer and wine dumped out all over the store. It is impossible not to walk past it.

In the supermarket I use it is definitely impossible to buy milk without having to go past the beer and wine aisle which seems to be taking over more and more walking space week by week!