View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Jaeger

Originally Posted by CherryVanilla View Post
Yeah, insurance!! His authorized IOP sessions have been used up and he's constantly calling IOP asking them to get him back in, he wants to continue with the support. In the meantime he received a letter from IOP slapping his wrist for not continuing sessions. Well WHO IS PAYING FOR IT??? If IOP doesn't get him in (authorized) this week, I'm going to tell him that dad and I will pay for private therapy sessions (copay or deductible, whatever he needs) 1x week until this is resolved with insurance to continue at IOP. Never ends.
This infuriates me! My son finally asked for help and the insurance company sent him to one of their counselors for an evaluation. The counselor advised intensive out patient rehab. They denied it. They said they would pay for drug counseling. Umm.....sitting once a week in a counseling session to learn the effects of different drugs is NOT what he needed.

When an addict finally admits they need help, they need HELP.

I agree with your decision to pay for the counseling until the insurance issue is resolved. I will always help my son if he is pursuing recovery.