Old 03-07-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Hello, Marchers.

Three years ago I went looking for an AA meeting and an online forum.

I had had my last drink and my last hangover as it turns out. Landed that morning on my knees - disgusted, frustrated, sick, depressed, angry, alone, malnourished, living in chaos and just sick of it all.

I wanted to let you know that it gets so much better. This first month is uncomfortable, scary, overwhelming, sleepless, jittery, a roller coaster of emotions but next month will be better. And the next and the next.

I leaned on this site heavily in early days. l exercised outdoors. I ate well, watched a lot of Netflix. I did go to AA meetings for a while, but I no longer do. They were helpful in getting me out of the house every day.

I would say stay close to this site. There is a deep well of wisdom here - go back and read old threads. Read the stickies in all the sections, including the Friends and Family of Alcoholics and the Mental Health/Anxiety forums. There is so much collective wisdom here. Buy some recovery books or load some recovery podcasts on your phone. There is so much help available.

Believe you can do it and you will. Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't - you're right.

You're going to love a sober summer. It's delicious.