View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 09:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bexxed

Well, live and let live, I'm just expressing observations from folks who have a lot of wisdom around here, and how the help I got here finally ended up helping me.

My girlfriend drinks, too. In fact, she's sitting on the couch with a beer right now. The one beer she will drink tonight. And not get drunk drinking.

Some people have sober houses. I don't. But I don't have a drunk house. And don't participate in "drinking as sport" events - going to a bar, a wedding reception with crazy amounts of alcohol, etc. I don't sit at home hiding either, and that's sort of my point. When you say no to alcohol, you say yes to so many other things. Sometimes those things are staying home. Often they are sober activities.

I'm a vegetarian. I don't go to pig roasts. No offense, and I'm not one of those vegetarians who lectures people, never have been, before anyone thinks otherwise but a pig roast is not something vegetarians seek out because... ya know? Similarly, I have taken a stand for my sobriety, following the lead of those who are successful here, in creating a life that doesn't include activities that are built around booze.

Oh, and just FYI. I'm a woman.