Old 03-06-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Db1105

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
It's not uncommon for me to do that......or more.......or less, with a sponsee. It depends upon the situation.

I've had a lot of court-ordered guys who have to attend 2, 3 or more meetings per week. I'd personally much rather them going over the book with me and/or working steps than sitting in the average M-O-T-R meeting listening to crap like meeting-makers-make-it, take what you want and leave the rest, there are no musts, or go-to-any-lengths unless it seems like too much trouble.

I haven't done whatever that person does from 8am to 11pm but I'd bet if I had a sponsee willing to put that type of commitment into their recovery, they'd be done with steps 1-5 in one day - maybe the first 8. Maybe it's a much better way then letting the sponsee pick what they think they should do and getting nowhere in the first 6 months......or longer. Contempt prior to investigation - I haven't been part of that person's Saturday deal so I can't say whether it's working or helpful......or not.
I must say that stuff you call CRAP kept me coming back, not drink, and stay around long enough to wake up and work the 12 Steps. Thankfully, I found members without egos and need to disparage AA, and AA meetings who knew if I didn't throw in the towel, keep hanging around, that I would eventually get it. I express no excuses for sharing my experience, strength and, hope. One's persons crap is another persons fertilizer.