View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Fly N Buy
Trudgin

I find wants naturally evolve through the years, as likely do others. At 35 I worked towards material thing for myself and my family. Getting the things I wanted actually fueled the flames of my drinking at times. It was almost a license to drink!

Today there is little of the physical world I crave anymore. My wants reside towards the spiritual realm. The program refers to it as the 4th dimension. In hindsight my life would have been more fulfilling had I understood this years ago, I believe.

I don't want that to sound high and mighty as I don't mean it that way. The pall of what was important really isn't. For example, I have grand kids living across the country. Recently I set up a youtube channel and continually load story books that I read. They really like this and ask for more.

That simple sharing of time is now among my greatest wants. I was distant yet there in my cups. Ironically now I may not be there, but am no longer distant. Engaging and listening with all my heart today is what I want.