Thread: No Response
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

When I told my exah I was done he didn't say anything either. He'd been done with me years before in reality. I just didn't realise it at the time. He went quiet but he spent the remaining time with me plotting how to carry on drinking with the most money he could get from the marriage by alienating my children and refusing to take a 50/50 split on the marital home and assets I bought long before he came on the scene, knowing full well I had no money to fight him in court. He got everything as I was the only sane one and at the time he persuaded my boys to live with him and I wanted them to have a secure home. That lasted 8 months before I had to take them back as he was too drunk to care for them.

He was cold, oh so cold. Nasty, detached and cutting. He ripped me to pieces emotionally. Made me feel worthless and rubbish. We were married 20 years and it meant NOTHING to him and he now has everything, has his brother living with him who is also an alcoholic, and they are drinking my hard earned cash away in a house that was solely mine at one time.

I tell you this to give you hope. You will probably end up in a better position than me financially and 3 years on I am happy again. My boys and I live in a small apartment we rent from a truly wonderful landlord. I got my cats back and I have a life. My boys smile. They are content. I travel. I have friends. I did voluntary work. I have a boyfriend who is part of my life, not the be all and end all of it.

I realised active alcoholics do not see things the way sober people do and it is pointless trying to understand their logic. Your stbexah doesn't compute what he is losing. He is in the grip of his addiction and that is all that matters to him. I know it hurts. You will come out the other side of this tho. You will see the sunshine in the clouds and life will be far better. ((huge hugs)))