Thread: I was stupid
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Penguin87

I was stupid

Hi all, I'm really sorry that I just disappeared off the forum when you were all so good me. I was embarrassed but I'm now taking the plunge and admitting my error. If you may remember I left my A a little while back, took my dogs and went to stay with my cousin. A then asked my to help him with a home detox and you all rightly advised me not to. Even though I really didn't want to the "I will probably drink myself to death if you dont" got to me and I caved. Anyway he had a home detox a month ago and was fine for the first week and a half...passed all the tests and didn't have any bad reactions to the withdrawals and was quiet and just easy going. BUT since then he's been getting niggly and the digs at me started and he admitted he's struggling. I mentioned AA once but it's not my responsibility to keep reminding him of its existence, the same with counselling but he's taken no action.
So earlier today I had enough. He called me to see if I'd remembered milk. I'd forgotten so at least 5 times he had a go at me about it. Then when he got home he started on at me saying I'm the most disrespectful person he knows, I'm lazy, dirty and disgusting etc etc. He has a bath and I leave and go to a friends house with 2 of our dogs. I left the one he's closest too as I know that would really upset him if I took them all and I know he's safe with him in terms of he will treat him well. Within half an hour I get a text accusing me of being a monster and to bring back the other dogs and having a go at me for not being supportive and understanding of his moods for just a bit longer. I know I'm not wrong in going but I'm just feeling a bit rough. His struggles don't justify abuse but it seems like he just expects me to take it and be all loving and caring. All about him. I know me not talking to him much upsets him and probably doesn't help but a few weeks of not drinking doesn't erase all the verbal diahorrea I've experienced over the years and make me all jolly and I did tell him this in the outset.
Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening again x