Old 03-04-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Algorithm

Originally Posted by CelticZebra View Post
So I'm sitting here 24 hours ago, completely free from alcohol for over 3 year and the "sneaky beast AV suggests having a drink to make MYSELF more comfortable. I reach for my coca-cola. Beast AV plays through going to get alcohol and how it wouldn't be too much effort." I play the tape through and continue about my business, going to the shop to buy milk and bread.
I'm not predicting any trouble for you, but there may be some unrecognized AV here, CelticZebra. There seems to be some connection between all the bad things that may result from drinking, and abstaining from alcohol, as if you were playing the tape through to try and counter the Beast's first tape.

Playing the tape in this fashion is essentially entering into a debate or negotiation with the Beast, and saying that you don't drink because bad things may happen. This undermines the finality of your Big Plan, and potentially opens the door for more of the Beast's own tapes to counter your tape.

Better to simply fall back on your Big Plan, and on never, as you eventually did, than to focus on the "what if" game.