View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Tetra

I have an exciting weekend ahead. Hopefully one of these will be more interesting than last weekend's offerings. I don’t have much hope for the bottom two.

As usual tinypic has my picture upside down.

Anyway even my parents have a more exciting weekend ahead. One of my father's former students is getting some kind of award from the university and the people there thought it would be nice for my parents to be there too. My dad is eager to go. He bought a new suit and all I hear. My mom is not so eager but she has gotten her hair done and bought new shoes. A few years ago she wouldn't leave the house at all but now she is going to parties and things. Maybe it's time for all of us to leave the baggage behind.

Of the two of them my mom was always the one who had the most to say. My dad is quieter like me, but I have been at dinner parties with him and groups of lawyers and he has plenty to say. He can work a crowd so to speak and have people hanging on his every word.

The last time he was asked back to a work function my mom and I were asking how it went? He said "well I arrived and people were saying you look well. Retirement suits you". So we asked him what he said. He replied "I smiled and without missing a beat told them 'well you know I have to keep up with the Kardashians!" There was a split second of silence before they erupted into laughter. Probably more about the fact that dad knows who the Kardashians are

He does keep up to date with stuff. My parents get up around 8 AM, feed the bunny then sit down to their own breakfast and my mom reads things out loud from the newspaper. It's actually quite nice.