Thread: Wine Bottles
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Whodathunk

MicroMacro, I think you misread what I wrote, or maybe I misunderstood what I was writing. I actually don't 'think' (but could be wrong) that I do anyones judging for them. In fact, I tend to give very little advice to people these days (except my children if they express the need), even still, I try to re-tell my experiences versus shuffling out advice, since experiences are authentic and not simply words.

These days I truly tend to my side of the street and try to keep my part of the sidewalk clean. If it is not in my control it is not my issue or problem, and this philosophy that I learned in AA has helped me tremendously.

So no, to answer you question, I don't judge others nor do I do others judging. Just not my cup of tea. Maybe something I said indicated this to not be true, but that is not who I am. I have enough to do in keeping my head clear, my thoughts clean, and making sure that I don't drink today.

And neither could I give a crap about others approval or what others think of me. That has not always been the case though, which was a big part of my problem of drinking. The day I decided to go to the nearest AA meeting, which is in my neighborhood, where the odds would be good that I would see people I might know (which happened), was the day that I quickly started shedding that layer of me that I wanted people to think was me, but it wasn't me. I was a drunk, one more drink away from not being able to climb out of that rabbit hole, and going to that meeting was the beginning of taking care of me, not worrying about others think, and putting front and center my selfish need to no longer drink. But it took quite a few tries.

But I am not judging you, LOL, I am simply correcting what you might have thought, based on what I wrote that might have read exactly the way you read it, but it was not how I wished it to be heard. But I truly respect how others read, hear and take things. We are all individuals. I would not want it any other way!