Old 02-27-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
BrendaChenowyth

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal View Post
I'm so scared of going to my therapy session tomorrow. It's ridiculous. My AV tells me it'd help to have a bottle in the pocket, just for emergency.

I'm so confused, it's a very tricky situation for me. I don't know who or what to believe or do. My therapist doesn't take my addiction seriously and tells me to pressure myself more. I think I'm not there yet and feel the base of my sobriety cracking unde my feet. My base was to avoid stress and pressure and allow myself to be myself again. Everyone always has such high expectations of me cause they see some kind of potential and I feel like I can never meet them and disappoint everyone. I don't care too much about my potential, I just want to be happy. But I don't want everyone to constantly tell me how I could reach this or that if I tried harder. I don't want this or that. Why do people care so much about what I do and so little about how I feel?
Well, I don't think she's the right therapist, because it sounds you need someone who gets this whole alcoholism thing? It sounds like her not getting it is making you feel worse and you should not be paying this lady to do that?

What does she even mean by pressure yourself more? Have you asked her to elaborate on what she wants you to do and why?

It sounds like she has no idea what recovery from addiction entails?