Thread: Day 14
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
comtnman740

Day 14

Hey there,
Just thought i'd check in. Earlier in the month i went out on a 7 day binge. I finally got to a point where i said enough is enough. I suppose when you have AA in your belly it's hard to stay out for long (with me anyways). I could still end up in jail, in an institution or dead. After trying to detox at home (not recommended) i drove myself to the hospital and then ended up in detox. The thought of going to detox alone should keep me sober. I love the outdoors and i always feel like a caged animal when i'm there.
Once out the next 9 days were rough with hardly any sleep, anxiety and depression. Day 10 was better and have started sleeping.
I recently had a birthday which i stayed sober through even with a snowstorm which is a major trigger. I also talked with my mother/step-father for the first time in quite awhile. It was awkward. I know she brought me into this world but she is a selfish, toxic and manipulative person that honestly i'd rather keep my distance from. I had planned to talk to them today..but surprise surprise..i was blown off. She's in my 4th step and i know i have some amends to make with her. I also have to forgive her for some things that she did to my brother who passed away. Anyway i hope everyone has a great Sunday!