View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by bnknzr View Post
Please help me and tell me if I have done the right thing, and how to cope, and maybe just that I'm a good person and not leaving and hurting a wonderful thing in my life. I really need it right now.
Hi, bnknzr--welcome to SR. Yes, you have absolutely done the right thing. This woman will get better or not on her own, NOT based on what you do or don't do for her, NOT based on whether or not you are in your life. You have done both of you a great service--you've saved yourself years of the pain, confusion and sorrow that come with living with an active A, and you've turned her over to her own Higher Power to learn, grow and get sober or NOT get sober.

You are not only a good person, you are a healthy and strong person with a good head on your shoulders.

I hope you can spend some time reading around this forum. I'm sure you'll find some posts that resonate w/you, and you'll likely learn a lot about alcoholism too. Make sure to check out the stickies at the top of the page; they are a great resource and you can learn a lot there.

Please come here to read and post as much as you wish. There is a lot of experience and wisdom shared here. Hope to hear more from you in the days to come.