Old 02-25-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Gingercat

Thanks

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi ginger, I have a ginger cat too, and assuming yours is still around I hope he/she is giving you lots of cuddles.
Im glad your AH has started rehab relatively early in the process and recognised it's not about how much you drink so much as whether it's become a problem for you and your family. I am a recovered A, didn't do rehab but I know there's no future in trying to keep drinking moderately.

I suggest you try to find a chapter of Al-anon you can attend if possible. It's for the F&F rather than the A. As well, spend a bit of time around this forum, reading the stickies at the top of the forum home page which are classic threads, some reading suggestions and references to resources.

Please don't fret about your AH; I assume he's there because he wants to be, and hopefully he's absorbing the message with an open mind. You have a chance to work on yourself. Many As prefer to make their recovery journey without too much interference so if he comes back a little withdrawn it may not be a bad sign.
Thank you for your reply! Yes I do have a ginger cat, she is 5 months old. She is lots of fun. Yes my husband is there because he wants to be. I will be shopping for a good alnon group. Thank you again!