View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Outonthetiles

I have a cancer charity auction tonight... getting all dressed up... actually Im dressing more casually than I do for work, no tie., but I'm polishing my shoes, etc.
last year it was at a mercedes dealership after hours..very swanky,... i got sit in a showroom maybach...120 grand....no thanks.
last year it was held before christmas, so i wasn't sober at that point. they really push the beer and wine at this thing, but I'll be okay. last year I was tapering down and I was driving, so I took it easy, ...maybe three beers...this year of course, I'm done so I'll be clear headed for the first time.
actually, thinking about it, I was halfway drunk at this thing because I vaguely remember yelling across the room for the DJ to play Beast of Burden and some obscure Grateful Dead song...I forget which. I was trying to be funny.
this is a diff cancer auction from about five years ago where I was hammered on Mikes Hard Lemonade and bid too high on a trip to Puerto Vallarta that ended up being a disaster.
Alcohol and auctions are a bad combination....for me any way.
Alcohol was a bad idea in general for me!
Anyway, sooooo glad those days are over.

Anyone else wants me to text pics of the Big Gala Event, let me know !!
I can tell that I've completely changed. I'm actually excited and looking forward to this,..not dreading it.
This is what it must be like to be a sober, functional adult.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-25-2017 at 05:03 PM.