View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Seeker21

You're allowed to be a human and have emotions (like crying)!

I also remember one of the passages in Pathways to Recovery (AlAnon literature) that says that some alcoholics will remain sober for some period of time in an effort to convince family members there is not a problem. I also think they are trying to convince themselves. So even though he is sober, I wouldn't put too much stake in that. My xabf was sober for a year with no recovery and that did not end well once he started drinking again. So unless he's in recovery and really working a program, he's a very sick man. This is a disease - a horrible one. And I recommend you read as much as you can about it. He is exhibiting very typical behaviors: trying to blame everything on you (heaven forbid he look at himself), distancing himself from someone who has created boundaries (good for you!), trying to get sober without recovery, engaging in immature and irrational behavior.

All you can do is take care of YOU. Treat yourself well. Do something nice for yourself like take a bath or paint your toes - whatever floats your boat. Be gentle with yourself.

And congrats on reading codependent no more! That's an act of self-care!