View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 04:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
wingsfree

Hi ((((allie)))) a warm welcome to SoberRecovery, so happy you found us. Isn't the gang here the best? you've been given so much good advice, all I can say is it's taken me a long time to finally get sober...and it's so WORTH it. You posted a message to me on a thread I started about how I found SR....I'll tell you now, you're going to be ok, yep you are, you've found SR because something guided you here just like the rest of us...what you need to do is really LISTEN to what the gang tell you...stop and really think about it, absorb it all...WE all understand. It's taken me a long time to finally get some good sober time in, it gets easier and easier as the days go by, you need to stop fighting it ok...when you get the urge stop and really THINK about how you'll feel if you give into it...think YUCK YUCK YUCK BLAH BLAH...because we both know that will be the end result if you touch that rotten drink. Sitting here laughing at my description...yuck yuck blah blah, now isn't that scary?
Originally Posted by alliecat72
"god please, somebody help me".
That's who's helping me today, my Higher Power, glad you asked Him to help you.

Hang in there girl, you're gonna make it...yep you are, yep you are, yep you are...repeat that to yourself....I'm going to make it, I'm going to make it....

I think I'll repeat it with you plus toss in a bit of dancing
now that's FUN.

Happy you're here...
Hugs.....Denise<---sober happy dancing today, you can too.