Old 02-22-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
What kind of things do I need to talk about? All of it? Questions I have about my own sexuality? Do I need to talk about that?

The way I've felt most people view me, even though I feel it is contrary to the way I feel I am, and the way I view me?
good questions! should you talk about everything? welp, i think a question to ask youself is
how free do i want to be?

heres a lil of what the bb says, and for very good reason:

We must be entirely honest with somebody if we expect to live long or happily in this world. Rightly and naturally, we think well before we choose the person or persons with whom to take this intimate and confidential step.

we are engaged upon a life-and-death errand.

We pocket our pride and go to it, illuminating every twist of character, every dark cranny of the past.

now for the 5th step promises

Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we are delighted. We can look the world in the eye. We can be alone at perfect peace and ease. Our fears fall from us. We begin to feel the nearness of our Creator. We may have had certain spiritual beliefs, but now we begin to have a spiritual experience. The feeling that the drink problem has disappeared will often come strongly. We feel we are on the Broad Highway, walking hand in hand with the Spirit of the Universe.

on to who we should share 5th step with

Rightly and naturally, we think well before we choose the person or persons with whom to take this intimate and confidential step. Those of us belonging to a religious denomination which requires confession must, and of course, will want to go to the properly appointed authority whose duty it is to receive it. Though we have no religious connection, we may still do well to talk with someone ordained by an established religion. We often find such a person quick to see and understand our problem. Of course, we sometimes encounter people who do not understand alcoholics.

there are promises for every step.
there are also promises through the bb that tells us what could happen by not working the steps.