View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Sportdeck203

I first stopped on dec 17th, then I thought oh yeah what about Vegas in March? We are going to Vegas for my wife's friends bday, 18 of us going and it was booked way before I decided to stop, so I told myself this is a break, I won't drink until Vegas, but then all bets are off, well it's now 30 days until we leave for Vegas and I already made up my mind a long time ago there is no way I'm drinking then, I think in the early days tho the thought of being able to drink then somehow helped me keep going and stay sober just by telling myself it was only a break and it's not like I could never drink again, but after about the 3rd week I made up my mind that I can't drink again.

I totally understand what your going through thinking about making your first sober weekend the same time as a vacation, that's a tough one for sure, but you can do it, and you have to be brutally honest about it with your husband and friends in my opinion, I told everyone I know on day 3 that I stopped drinking and they can either support my decision or get lost, I thought it would be way harder but to my surprise everyone has my back, and I never told anyone they can't drink just because I'm not, go on and have your fun, but for me I just can't do it anymore, this is about me not anyone else, you can do it and it will get easier all the time.

I didn't find this place till day 48, I wish I had found it sooner, I enjoy reading people's stories and learning from everyone here, good luck and I'm sure you'll still have a great weekend.

By the way about your gastric bypass surgery, all I've done different in the last 66 days is not drink on the weekends and I've lost 27 pounds already, nice little insentive to keep going.