View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
LillianGish
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
A good day today. I'm now back up to 9 days, so double digits tomorrow - I wish it was double digit months, but I can't change the fact that I drank on Feb. 12th. I've been re-reading "This Naked Mind" - I like Annie Grace's approach, I guess that is the important thing.

I think my wife is a little disappointed that I've gone back to sobriety so quickly - I think maybe she was hoping I'd go back to being her drinking buddy. I'm not sure - sometimes I read too much into her behavior. Also, I can't say I'm always real nice and friendly when I'm sober and she's drinking. I'm not mean to her, but I sometimes I just don't talk to her much - mainly because I have hard time having a real conversation with her after she's had a few.

Still, I feel I'm doing well and keeping my head in the right place.

Have a great night all!! The only thing better than Hump Day is Hangover Free Hump Day
I know how it feels to have a spouse who drinks...and misses me drinking. I'm chalking it up to "we need to find other things in common to replace what is changing." To be fair...I changed the relationship suddenly after 25 years of marriage, so I'm going to give it some time.

Hang in there ~ I believe in my heart it will get better over time. Hope the same for you and Mrs. MITA.