View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

RJ
I decided to finally quit full stop and for once didn't let the fact of a boozy vacation coming as another chance to put it off , for a 'better' time. It's definitely doable , and you certainly can.
Truth be told , I wasnt the happiest camper, quite the opposite, but I made decision and was hell bent on sticking to it. After that week I made another decision , I was going to stick with my first decision and decide that I could be a happy camper too , I realized the pissiness was coming from the deprivation of the addiction( the beast the desire for alcohol) I wasn't depriving myself, I am giving myself freedom , health, peace of mind all great things not taking anything good or worthwhile for my life or happiness.
You can give yourself those same things and forgo the pissy part, but even if it feels uncomfortable , at first, don't not give yourself the good things. Starve the beast, It will throw tantrums and scream about being deprived, let it, let it remain uncomfortable, what has indulging Its desire ever gotten you, what price does It ever have to pay? IT doesn't get hangovers, shame , guilt loss of control, those we have to pay, stop paying the price for IT, you deserve to have the good things the healthier live enhancing things.
Starve it out! You got this.
Welcome aboard, btw
Come back often, read, ask, post and come back often
My first time on SR I saw mention of RR/AVRT and those ideas helped me to solidify my resolve to quit full stop and for good. There are great threads on these ideas here on SR in the Secular Connections forum.
Wish you welll and hope to see you around