Old 02-21-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
catlover1989

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Good. What type of cat, CL?
I have a tuxedo cat. She's 4 years old. I love her as if she were my child. She currently has a litter - four kittens. There's a funny story regarding them. One night after I came home (drunk as hell ) I immediately went to bed. During the night out, a woman I was dating at the time showed me a picture of a python swallowing a deer. Now, I'm extremely scared of snakes. Like it is a crippling phobia. When I was little and they appeared on the TV, I'd cry my eyes out. As an adult I can't even watch them on the TV, even today. I yell like a kid and turn away - I love watching nature shows, but every time they show snakes, I turn away.

Anyway, the picture my ex showed me became ingrained in my mind that night. When I was sleeping, the kittens jumped on my bed and starting licking my face. Now I know snakes like to lick their prey before devouring them - and as the kittens were licking my face, I was dreaming of a python licking my face. And when I awoke, screaming, I thought the kittens were the python . It was such a relief to see it was nothing but harmless little felines.

Another reason I love cats so much is because they are the nemesis of snakes. My cat has actually caught and killed a few small snakes. When it is rainy season here, there are a lot of snakes as the torrent of water drives them from their underground homes and onto the surface. When it is rainy season and the grass grows to your knees, I never walk around my yard without the cat. She's my protector