View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
atalose

Anyhow, we had some dramatic breakups and it took me over a year to recover from damage. Meanwhile I was working on myself, taking counseling session, educating myself on alcoholism and mental health problems and learning more on aspects of relationships with dual diagnosis individuals. I needed the information since I was extremely confused after being in an abusive relationship as well as emotionally hurt.
I'm guessing that you spent most of that year focused on her, her issues and how you could help and make a relationship with her work. You didn't take your counselor's advise and once again you are finding yourself in the same unhappy confused place.

How about moving forward you just STOP the focus on her and her issues anf FULLY focus on you and your own issues so that you can move on and away from this unhealthy cycle.

Our own obsessions with them take on a whole new life of their own and often we find ourselves unable to to turn off all of those thoughts. Kind of like them and how they are unable to stop drinking/drugging. Outside help is essential, may be a good idea to get back into counseling.