View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
freein14

I can totally relate to that too. The "downs" in life make the "ups" much brighter though

Good to hear things are going well Noolan. Sounds like you're busy doing great stuff at the moment.

Had lunch with my Dad yesterday, between visits to my Mum. He was worried about an odd smell he had noticed in one of bedrooms. Being the dutiful daughter I helped investigate, and we found that it was coming through a vent which led up to the attic. So I opened up the loft hatch, and climbed the ladder to investigate further. The smell was fowl - I decided there must be something dead up there. So I came down again to put on some rubber gloves before delving any further. By the time I'd got back to the loft, my dad had already clambered up there himself. As I poked my head through the loft hatch I was greeted with "I've found it!", and dad triumphantly holding up a dead rat! I summoned all of my courage and promptly ran back down the ladder screaming, leaving my 86 year old father to fend for himself. From then on, my sole contribution was to hand him up a couple of plastic bags!
We joked later, that it was a good job I was on hand to help sort out such a crisis
I know my limitations.

Have a great start to the week everyone.