View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wanderlust2017

Alcoholic Fiance.

First, I am so glad I stumbled upon this website. Anyway, my fiancé has a huge drinking problem. Both his mom & dad (uncles, brothers, etc) also have drinking problems. He told me about a month ago that he is done drinking and he's ready to start his life with me. He said he's excited to quit drinking. He does fine when he's home alone and when it's just him and I, but when he goes to his dads or uncles alone, he drinks. It's gotten so bad that lately he will try to hide it from me if I show up later than him or if he comes home drunk. Obviously, I can tell when he drinks. I just. I don't know what to do or how to bring it up to him in a way he will understand my concern for him and our future (thinking about children here). Between my work and college schedule I don't have time to see a therapist right now and afford it. I'm hoping soon I can, but this is my only hope right now. It's such a strain on our relationship and every time he goes to his families I worry and he comes home drunk every time.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to bring this up to him before I can get into a therapist?

Thanks