Old 02-19-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
nexttime

I've been reading a lot here but haven't had much time to post (not a fan of posting from phone like I am doing now) but as I lay here waiting to start my day I figured I have the time.
I had a plan for dealing with my best friend/drinking buddy in place but I was so focused on dealing with him I totally allowed myself to get blindsided by others and drank consecutive nights a week ago. Thankfully it was not a lot but it was not zero which is the plan. I have changed my plan to be more universal and on Thursday night revealed my choice of sobriety to my closest drinking buddies. The response from them was totally predictable but I was able to temper their objections because I had a plan mentally in place and worked it. I kept relating it to my health. I kept reminding myself that they object because my sobriety somehow threatens their ability to drink.
I feel fantastic as this is the first Sunday in I don't know how long I'm not hungover and I feel that tremendous progress has been made in the journey of me never drinking again. Happy Sunday everyone. Off to install new bedroom flooring in
the kids bedrooms