View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
NoGoingBack

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
NGB- detox in isolation is unsafe. Physically- obvious. Emotionally because of isolation and all the bad stuff in your head. You need to see a doctor and get professional day to day support.
Take care, keep posting. Only you can change you. We can help.
I know, I knew, it wasn't a good idea. I'd come to the end. People talk about rock bottom but I've never truly understood it. On my knees in the rain that day, something clicked which I should have understood from the beginning.

I've always 'done' sobriety / detox alas an expectation from others and to keep them happy, never for myself. I now have the strength to do this and im hugely proud of what I've achieved, I'm clean, sober, working again and blessed to have the things I do. I've been seeing my children lots. Taking my eldest son to our first football match at the stadium, rugby training, Sunday dinners cooked at home, all things that passed me by because of my selfish and self destructive behaviour.

I'm incredibly lucky. More than I can put into words.

And of course I wouldn't advocate my approach to detox to anyone under any circumstances... for me, at that time, it seemed the only option. To be honest. I'd tried many things, but the fluffy medicated detox at home route didn't work for me. I needed to fully understand the implications of my actions and take control back..

I'm turning my life around little by little, day by day. If I can help inspire others, then it inspires me too.

I got this, on my own terms, for myself. Because my addiction took me away from myself, I didn't know who I was anymore. Turns out, I'm quite a nice person!

Peace and love
NGB