Old 02-17-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober369

I've been staying hungry too. Trying to eat healthy, I bought a bag of nuts, a bag of oranges and a bunch of Activia, which I hope helps with my constant tummy upset, too. Today is day seven! I'm feeling a lot better.
Great job making it through with no electricity Catlover. I hope it stays on through the weekend, so you can come here. I know how much I need to be able to come here and see how others are making it and how they're doing it, and I don't know how I would manage without that, or AA, or any other support. My heart goes out to you! You must be very committed to staying sober. Very inspiring.
Sue, my withdrawals were pretty light this time. Mostly feeling overall sick, still hungover up until yesterday. I felt feverish one night, but not really bad. I'm just grateful it wasn't worse.
Milly, I totally agree with your assessment on beer. YUCK!! Amazing how I grew to love it when that's all I would allow myself. About three weeks ago, the beer quit working so I bought a bottle of rum. Had to call out sick from work for two days. That was the start of me coming back to sobriety. The beer made me sick, too, but hard liquor hits me like a ton of bricks. I could see the end of me in that bottle. Good thing! So glad to be drinking juice, water and milk. They never get me sick, taste better, too!