View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Redmayne
Redmayne

Charlie & Joe

For my part, I attended AA meetings on an intermittent but for regular periods for about 20 years at venues all over the urban conurbation that is Greater Manchester here in the UK and got nowhere...until finally, when I was ready to 'the towel in'. A guy handed me 5 of what on the 2nd occasion I saw him became 10, 'burned off' cd's of a recording of one of 'Charlie (Parmley) & Joe's (McQuany) Big Book Study Meetings.

Rightly remarking to me that they were as good as having my own sponsor, this recording is now available commercially together with a written transcript ...after listening to these whilst making notes in my copy of the book 'Alcoholics Anonymous I never looked back and that was nine years ago. One of the many people helped by these two guys to whom I'm eternally grateful.

I have no problem , for whatever is said about the Fellowship of AA, good, bad or indifferent that it exists as a support organisation for 'problem drinkers' nor that the key to recovery is in the Big Book.

Whilst others may share their experience, strength and hope with you, sobriety is an individual responsibility and no one got sober sitting at an AA meeting....but I would highly recommend having Charlie & Joe as your sponsors...