Old 02-16-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Clean30

Originally Posted by cantstaystopped View Post
Hi clean30, Trust me I'm not partying. It's isolation drinking at home and not very fun. Not that that matters I guess. Drinking is drinking. I'm just trying to write/talk/reflect on what I'm thinking before I take the action of taking the first sip and doing some contrary action. I want sobriety more than a drink but yet here I am.

It's like every day is the same and I pray for strength to overcome tomorrow. Sometimes it works, other times not. All I know is the obsession is there now where before it wasn't. Like a switch flipped.

Thanks all for the responses.
That obsession is you enjoying being drunk. If you didn't like it you would be dry. There is no way you can turn off that desire. It's as simple as giving in and indulging or not.

I miss getting hammered and playing video games and chatting online. No doubt that is fun to me. But now the hang overs and the general bad health have finally outweighed the 3 hours of fun. Really they always outweighed it I am just coming to admit this.

Sobriety is not an object or something you need to achieve. It's not on a shelf just out of reach. You don't need to climb Mt. Everest to get the gold Sobriety trophy.

Sobriety is the result of you putting a stop to your hands rising to your mouth with a bottle! lol Its that simple. If you can't control your hands what can you control?