View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Zircon

Hi,
Actually we did try mediation with both our lawyers present. My AH was being totally unreasonable, wanted the whole marital home. He wanted to exchange my equity in our home for a piece of land I bought with my mom's inheritance. It was so unfair. My AH was unwilling to negotiate! So the courts will be deciding on my financial future! That's so tough for me, since I was the major provider in our marriage! My lawyer, I have the greatest respect for. He is trying to save me money. He can't understand why my AH won't negotiate. He feels things should just be sold and proceeds split, shouldn't be this complicated!!
I am just so disappointed in myself for the choices I made. My AH told the court thru his attorney that our marriage had been deteriorating for the last 6 yrs, since I had a brain hemorrhage!!
Funny though, after my brain hemorrhage, I continued to be the major bread earner, invested my inheritance in opening a new business with him. Who would want to work with someone they didn't want to be with anymore! At my AH insistence bought the property across the street from our home, again with my inheritance, and paid all the bills in the house for 8months, and about month before I had to move because he threatened to burn the house down, paid 6000.00 to put a new furnance in our home. Tell me what kind of man would take all that!!!! And his claim is the marriage was deteriorated for the last 6 years !!!
And today is Valentines Day!! Pretty rough !!! I did it all to myself!!
Now, my AH has moved on to an old girlfriend!!!
I guess I was played a fool for the last 13 year!!

Z