Thread: Lost Wife
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greenaggie

Lost Wife

Very new to this process and find myself extremely lost.
My husband finally agreed to rehab, and has been in rehab for a week now. The first two days he seemed very positive and upbeat. He seemed to like the facility and made "friends" quickly. However, as the days passed he became so withdrawn and mentioned last night he was very depressed that the Dr said he had so much depression according to him.
I have been attending counseling for a long time and he has been categorized a narcissist. I have learned so much about this and feel like he's getting worse in there.
He stopped going to the diner for meals and mentions he's not sure if he's coming home. We have ongoing issues with his son (14); was caught doing drugs and stopped going to school. Mom has him since my husband went to rehab being that I kicked my husband out a couple days before agreed to rehab. My husband asks if his son is coming home as well and I mentioned he needed help as well. All he would say is I need my son.
I'm so lost and confused since he's been there, I feel the need to be institutionalized for my sanity as well. I'm dealing with everyday life stress; bills, our bank account is missing $2,400 because he lost his debit card, dealing with insurance companies and his job not to mention we still have my daughter home and I have a full time job. It's stressful and hard to manage sometimes.
The center offers visitations everyday from 6-8 and it's about a 45 minute drive. I have been very supportive and visit him daily. He asks I bring chew along with other goods for his "friends". The first day I felt so angry, he reclined back and said it was like being on vacation without the water at the ocean. Really?!! While I deal with his load and mine?
There are days I am very positive and think he'll pull through, other days I feel like exhausted. I'm not sure he should move back home with his son or allow him to leave. This does not include the drama I am dealing with the ex!
He's been admitted for alcoholism, no clue how long he'll be in there still. He appears so over medicated, a zombie. It tears me up to see him this way.
Someone please guide me and offer some advice.