View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fusion

Yes Stewart, that's one of the things I appreciate about RR/AVRT - the freedom! I've stopped drinking and I never need to attend meetings again, because my sobriety is not contingent upon meeting attendance, recruiting newcomers etc. I can apply what precious time I have on this planet to my family, whom I've neglected for so long.

It's just so liberating. But I could (and do ) cry at the wasted years I've spent pouring alcohol down my throat. I just wish I'd applied AVRT when I first encountered it, many years before the meeting attendances. I just wish this method of stopping drinking, albeit old as the hills, received more publicity, and thereby saved more folks. It's so frustrating.

I've studied Buddhism and enjoy meditating, plus I've attended retreats. Now that through AVRT I no longer drink, my Buddhism studies and meditating have taken on a new lease of life and I enjoy it!

Sometimes I awaken at night and start meditating in order to fall asleep again - no more alcohol induced sleep for me. Who would've thought how calm and relaxed I'd be without alcohol, when I actually thought that alcohol was making me calm and relaxed!