Thread: Flashbacked
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Expanding

Flashbacked

I had an unsettling experience last night. I had been talking to this guy for a few weeks and due to the purchase of the home and me trying to get it ready and find a tenant we didn't schedule a date until last night. I'm thinking, "wow, he's being so thoughtful and understanding of how busy I am" when in reality I don't know if he ever really planned to go out with me at all. I'm bummed because he seemed great to talk to and it seemed like he had his stuff together. So what happened?

Last night the tenants moved in and we have been getting hit hard with snow. I had a terrible experience hiring help to remove the snow and I spent most of yesterday removing the fallout. The guy left behind a lot of packed snow and I've been trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Anyway, I put my feet up for the first time at 6:30, and started to get ready to go out. The guy I was meeting had picked a place and I agreed and I told him to meet me at 8. Around 7 I asked him if we could push it back to 8:30 (he lives about 20 minutes away) as the day went longer than I expected. The tenant's heat wasn't kicking on so I was also a little anxious and wanted to make sure everything else was set before I left for the night. Anyway, he reacted very strangely and started saying I was wishy washy and never committed (?) and that he was... hangry... and was going to get food with or without me. Seemed like an extreme response for requesting an additional 30 minutes after busting my butt all day, and I told him if he wanted to eat then he should eat as I didn't want to meet him when he was in a bad mood. I had been talking to him throughout the past two weeks and keeping him updated on what I had been dealing with so he knew about everything...

Another thing that came up was when I tried to get him to talk about himself he completely shut me down. He actually said "I don't do autobiographies here's a pic of my dog instead".

I know that confusion is not a good sign and MAN was I confused last night. It was like he was already trying to pick a fight. I told him to go eat something and he said, "deal"... whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. It was so similar to what I went through with the ex but I was rather blindsided by it last night. What the frig happened? I don't get it. Apparently I also didn't seem excited enough for him... did I hurt his ego? Should I have been texting him all day inbetween shoveling and salting and trying to make sure my tenants had HEAT? Ugh, I'm so bummed this happened.