View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
iamfluke

Update

Hi all, I just wanted to give an update on my progress since many were kind enough to offer advice to me.

Well, I wish I had taken further steps. I know that I can't change an alcoholic, and there are many things i still do not understand, but I wish I had done more.

The drinking continued on/off. And then one night she got black out drunk and I walked in to the pub to find her getting off with someone. For the first 3 months, she denied denied denied, told me I just saw what I wanted to....he was like a brother to her...she was just being friendly....she had forgiven her ex for much worse(!??!).....just complete ******** and clutching at straws.

I cut her out of my life. And her daughter . She turned up drunk a few times at my house, nagged me to meet up for sex, then told people i was just using her for one thing only!!

I'm a fool and still love her. The trust is ruined, but today, FINALLY, she admits that getting black out drunk and cheating is something that has occurred many times during her life.

The lies, the gaslighting...it's all been too painful. I'm going to a counselling session with her on Tuesday (not couple's counselling). She is getting some support because she tried to kill herself a week after I broke up with her.

Wow, what a mess. You guys and gals warned me, and I appreciate that...but I was never prepared for all this. I'm pretty much devastated. Still very confused as to the why. I think she is too. Don't know what else to say, apart from feedback of any kind is more than welcome