Thread: No DT's??
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

BitingTheBullet....I doubt that the sweating was from "stress of pouring out liquor"...but, is most likely one of the withdrawl symptoms. Actual Dt's are not the same symptoms as the more common withdrawl symptoms--and, are very serious. Yes, I have seen DTs a week or more after people stop or markedly reduce alcohol intake.
Is there a reason that he has not seen a doctor. Make no mistake, that even the ususal withdrawl symptoms which can begin within hours and last several days is makedly uncomfortable. A doctor can take a look at him and prescribe certain supplements and medication to make the withdraw symptoms more comfortable and physically safer......
Some people need to be under medical supervision in a hospital and many can get through the withdrawl period at home under the doctor's direction and prescriptipns....They should not be alone, however...in case their condition deteriorates....

there is no reason that a person should suffer through the withdrawl period. Lots of people drink again, during that time to decrease the misery that t hey are feeling.
I realize that you are very resentful of him, right now...lol....but, it would be good to have compassion for his mental and physical discomfort.....
You can't SEE how he is feeling...and,he might be relunctant to tell you, right now.....

The common symptoms of actual dt's are mental disorientation, marked shakiness, hallucinations...especially "seeing things", profuse sweating,balance problems. and seizures. ***A person can have withdrawl seizures at any time...with or without other symptoms of Dts.

Each person can vary in what symptoms of withdrawl that they experience...depending on many factors.....

Again, I would try to get him to see a doctor....