View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by sponsx View Post
Hi Kiki,

I also suffer from PTSD, childhood trauma and from the army. I was a heavy drinker that would routinely blow up and say fk it all and drink myself stupid.

I'm still fairly new to sobriety, 2 months 15 days, but I had the luxury of going to a rehab program and getting some really good therapy. If it is available to you, I would totally recommend counseling, I never thought it would help me but it has greatly.

What works for me, I set a boundary for myself, I will not lose my temper or allow myself to get to the point of the fk its. Sometimes you know you will be entering a frustrating situation, for those plan an escape route.. Politely excuse yourself from the situation and give yourself time to cool of. Remember no one but you can make you mad, you can control your response. It also helps to have someone who knows your situation, like a sponsor, to be able to call.

I'm no expert, just sharing what has worked for me so far, hopefully you find something that works for you.
Thanks Sponx. I totally relate to the "fk its"! I do that ALL the time! Great advice about having an exit strategy and allowing myself time tool cool off and call my sponsor.....