View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Kiki,

I'm glad you are here and posting. I used to pour myself a glass of wine as soon as I walked in the door from work to deal with whatever the stresses of the day were. It seemed like a good way to destress, but it actually just made me more anxious, and then I was dealing with whatever the current issue was on heightened anxiety, and a hangover.

I have worked with my doctor about my anxiety, and I take something at night to help me sleep, and have a prescription that I take occasionally when very anxious (a big presentation, or meeting, dealing with someone who is extremely angry). I also have found going for a walk helpful in being able to allow me to refocus, and to calm my nerves, and something that has really he,led me is mindfulness. There are a bunch of articles online if you google it, and even apps on your phone.

You can do this, start by not drinking today, plan out the time you would normally drink, and get rid of any alcohol so you do not have any temptations.

Looking forward to seeing you on here tomorrow!

❤️Delilah
Thank you Delilah! Walks are so therapeutic for me! I took my dog for a walk an hour ago and feel so good. I just need to keep doing it.