View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 09:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
biminiblue

You only got a few replies here, Babescake. I'm sure some people lose weight. It depends on if you have a lot of weight to lose, too. I didn't, so I didn't lose at first. I was already at a healthy weight, so I couldn't really cut calories and maintain a healthy diet and still have those sweets that were helping keep me away from the booze.

My point was that sobriety was my #1 Priority. I did want to lose a little weight, but early sobriety is so stressful anyway. Not drinking is the most important thing.

Why don't you join MyFitnessPal and read around the forums there and start logging your food (if you don't already do so.) I believe I was malnourished a bit when drinking, because I substituted alcohol calories for food calories, AND I made poor nutrition choices when I had had a few drinks.

Sobriety is much easier when I make sure I eat enough, get a little exercise and get my eight hours of sleep.

You can lose weight. Sobriety is the most important thing right now, though. I wasn't about to add to my stress by worrying about a pound or two when it was all I could do to get through the day with my sanity intact in early days.