View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Jojay

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
My last post here:

I am one of those who did quit cold turkey. From a handle of vodka (that's the biggest US size bottle) every 2 days (or less). Perhaps that is why I might seem to you, Kaily, as "harsh" (my word, not yours) or rigid or so certain.

It is possible, and I lived. I am glad I was so sick that I went that route, and I am glad that I got through it. My route is not the recommended one by many, and I often think I must have the hide of a rhinoceros (for a 5'7" woman who was about 115 when I quit and now about 125-130) to go through what I did.

It worked.

I will never drink again.

I think the point that ALL of us are trying to make is threefold: one, you (all of us!) have to stop somehow; two, it is possible; three, SOME kind of help is available in medical form or other, of your own will initially (you know I am an avid AAer so turning over my will had to follow that immediately) or with some assistance.

I never thought you were lying. I think you are hurt, scared, drunk/drinking, and sick - distorted thinking of epic proportions and incredible physical distress were two of my last "resorts" in my final days of drinking. My life depended on quitting- I decided that a year or 18 mo to live at 39 wasn't what I wanted.

Again, I pray some part of you will listen and HEAR what we are telling you: there is hope, and you can get to the other side.

Heartfelt care-
A
Good post August.I reckon maybe I didn't suffer anywhere near as acutely as yourself as my drink was cider.Vast quantities for around 18years mind.Take care