Thread: A Friday Toast
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberandhonest

A Friday Toast

Cheers!

Raise your glasses, filled with the alcohol-free beverage of your choice, to everyone who reads or joins this website.

To the lapsers and relapsers, who slip up but keep on fighting for recovery, because if you obtain success on your thousandth try it is success nonetheless!

To the re-relapsers, who fall down over and over again, but get off the mat, come back to this place, and steadfastly start their work anew, because we respect your courage to never give up.

To those in the first days and weeks of sobriety, many of whom are fighting with great might the physical and mental beasts of withdrawal, because you can’t be sober a year without being sober a day.

To the long term sober folks, most of whom stick around here primarily in service to others, because your example serves as a beacon in the darkness and your wisdom cannot be replaced.

To the lurkers, who don’t become members of this site but quietly observe and listen and read and learn, because knowledge is power and many of our journeys began as you.

To those addicted who don't seem to want change, because so long as your heart beats, it is not too late.

To the moderators and others that manage this site, who spend seemingly countless hours providing amazing input, because your selflessness is the engine that drives these forums.

To those trying to become less codependent, who want desperately to do the right thing, because you are here to let your love for another take a healthy course.

To friends and family members of addicts, who understand the uniqueness and devastation of this disease, because addiction is a family disease.

To sobriety, because you are a tricky little bugger to grab hold of, but you make for lovely company.

Feel free to add your own continuation of my little toast. I’m sure there are some that I failed to recognize.

Cheers!