View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Sportdeck203

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
You are making a very good decision, and an honorable one for your kids. As others have mentioned, you might want to start game planning now on how you will navigate your summer getaways. I don't see staying up until 4AM with 30 of your closest friends being conducive to your sobriety. I'm sure they will understand, and you will wake up ready to tackle the day, instead of feeling like crap.
I agree 100% not the best idea, my place will defiantly not be the party spot anymore, I've been slowly dealing with being there sober now, spent 2 weekends there since Xmas, kids wanted a fire to cook hotdogs so we did that but it felt so weird to stand there without a beer in my hand, but I did it, the snowboard hill we go to is only 1/2 hour from the cabin so it's closer to go there than back home if we do both sat and sun at the hill, I went over to a friends the one night two weeks ago when we were there and everyone was drinking, I went away from that thinking holy Fak is that what I looked like all the time, went home to bed at midnight feeling good with money in my pocket, sure was a good day and to wake up early and go snowboarding without a hangover was awesome too, that was probably one of my best days since I quit and ironically is was spent with a bunch of people that were plastered, it just made me want to keep going as a sober person.